Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Today is Special

Today is special - there are (just) enough daffodils in the garden to cut a few! And I bought three little Villeroy and Boch jugs in Relais Frip for 2€ yesterday.
Time to get out the daisychain tablecloth I bought in Edinburgh...... and a selection of handpainted flowery china picked up over the past year.
Now I have enough yellow to do Niki's March calendar page justice!
j
Breakdown of shopping (à la Della!), as far as I remember it...
j
tête-à-tête daffodils free from the garden for a little effort
j
pussy willow picked weeks ago but still going strong
j
Villeroy and Boch jugs from Relais Frip for 2€
j
daisy chain embroidered cloth from Bethany Shop, Stockbridge, Edinburgh, ₤5
j
Provençal napkin from Relais Frip, maybe 20c
j
peacock feathers free from African Safari via sharp-eyed sons
j
green glass vinegar jug came with vinegar in it
j
gold art-nouveau-style mirror from British Heart Foundation Shop in Harrogate years ago, ₤5
j
hurricane lanterns and candles bought NEW shock horror from Gifi before I started the Challenge, about 5€ each
j
two hand-painted 1030s floral cups from Barnardo's, Leith Road, Edinburgh, 50p each
j
japanoserie toothpickholder from Vide Grenier at Bon Repos, 1€
j
hand-painted bird's nest vase with inappropriate golden lion handle detail (!) in a 2 for 2€ deal at Vide Grenier in Fontenilles

17 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Great job....A girl after my own thrifting heart. What a special find with the Villeroy and Boch, I don't know how much it is over there but that name here is pretty expensive. All of your treasures are precious in deed!!

Lorrie said...

I'm in love with those Villeroy and Boch jugs - for 2 Euro how could you go wrong. Your yellow display is wonderfully springlike.

Kissed by an Angel said...

Loving the daffodils in the gorgeous jugs!! Then on the wonderful daisy chain table cloth!!!
xxxx

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

How lovely to have daffs again! They look just perfect in those blue jugs, very nice. And what a sweet cloth on the table! I really love the daisy chain, what a lovely embroidery. Our girls love making daisy chains and I have fond memories of making them myself. There is something very special about them even though they are just weeds.

Pomona said...

The jugs are wonderful - a lovely colour blue. We still don't have any daffodils out! It can't be long now ...

Pomona x

Michela said...

Hi Floss!
My mum would cut my hands if I'd touch her daffodils! How do you call those hairy buds in French/English??
Enjoy your special day!

Lululiz said...

Those jugs are gorgeous! The bright yellow of your daffs looks so good against the blue of the jugs.

Jeannette StG said...

Daffodils are such a sign of the spring! And pussy willow, how I would love to get them here, but I've never seen them in the flower shops in California.

The Curious Cat said...

Ah I'm so glad we are beginning to enter daffodil season...such sunny happy flowers! Love the jugs too! xxx

Concha said...

I absolutely love the jugs, so simple and understated!

I'm hoping for daffs in the garden... maybe in a couple of weeks time? I'm crossing my fingers!

Pom Pom said...

Pretty. Hi Floss! I will not be posting this Sunday for APIL because I'm going to Australia. I'll do the next Sunday (March 28) though. Thank you!

Mise said...

I covet those jugs - a perfect shade of blue, in a perfect grouping of 3, and enhanced by the yellow. A great find.

Josie-Mary said...

I love the pussy willow, my favourite....so spring like. Jugs are lovely too :) x

Andi's English Attic said...

The jugs are absolutely beautiful. One of my favourite colour combinations. xx

Elizabethd said...

At last! Daffodils are suddenly appearing in my garden too...and funnily enough I have a blue Cornishware jug to put them in. I love your set of three!

Mami said...

I like this flower arrangement with your tablecloth!!
..and I found Mt,Fuji on the toothpickho;der:))

Have s lovely special day!!

Sarah said...

I love the colours on the jugs. It's great when you can pick flowers from the garden. Roll on our daffs coming out. Mind you the supermarkets are selling them at 99p for 2 bunches so can't complain at that!