Monday, March 29, 2010

Precisely my cup of tea...

This is another Monday gratitude post - so much to say 'thanks' for: 1) An empty planter - some friends gave me this great teacup planter for my birthday, along with a plant which actually ended up in the flowerbeds. Seeing the teacup empty this weekend made me feel decidedly UNgrateful for their gift, so I shot off to the town plant festival and bought this beautiful azalea to make best use of their present.
2) A first meal out of doors.
3) The plant festival itself, where even the vans...
...are floral!
4) Getting a flat tyre on my bike today, if only because...... it forced me to get off my bike and go slowly enough to spot the catkins and blossom on my route.
5) And once again, all of you - some flowers for you on an (I promise you) ironed tablecloth, whatever it looks like! Thanks for your comments and your support with my Stories of Jesus posts - today's is below.

11 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

It's always good to reflect on how much one has to be grateful for isn't it?

Pom Pom said...

I am reading a book I think you would LOVE. It's called An Altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor. I am flabbergasted at the connections I find across the world of blogs - connections having to do with thankful hearts and watchful souls.

Sherri B. said...

You have a very nice outdoor eating area. I look forward to when we venture out with knife and fork.

Kissed by an Angel said...

Always adopt an attitude of gratitude!!! It makes life great!!
xxxx

Elderberry-Rob said...

It's lovely to slow down and take in what is around you isn't it... I like your cup and saucer I would like one for my herbs.

Lululiz said...

The teacup planter is great, I have never seen one like it. You are so lucky to be able to eat outdoors already. It has been chucking it down again today and its so cold still.

Unknown said...

It is so good to hear how much you can find to be thankful of! If only more people would take the time to realise how lucky they really are.. it would be a happier world! Love the planter. suzie xxx

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

That planter is just wonderful! And how lovely that you are able to eat your meals outdoors now!

Unknown said...

Ooh, that hyacinth blossom is gorgeous! Monday's are especially hard to be thankful for- but today I am very thankful that I got the date wrong for an assignment, and now I don't have any school for the next few days!

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Clearly your iron works as well as ours!! Lovely set up anyway. Nice to hear the weather is improving enough to eat outside. Spring is such an exciting season isn't it?

Maisey's Attic said...

Always lovely to pop by - xxx