Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sounds of Spring in Southern France

I try to give a good impression of what it's like to be here near Toulouse through my photos, but recently I've been so much enjoying the sounds of spring that I wanted to try to share some those with you too.

The sounds of a morning bike ride:

The wind in my ears
a frog in the ditch. The sounds of an evening dog walk:

Screaming boys
and cicadas on the way home.The sounds of the Veti Relais car park (my favourite charity shop):

Planes taking off from Toulouse airport
and the song of the skylark. © Arthur Grosset
Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

6 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful Spring day here - will be in the mid 80's and sunshine. On my way out the door now. Have a great day.
Glenda

Elizabethd said...

How lovely to go with you on your ride.
I do hope you dont also hear the steady chomping of the Termite? When we lived in the Gironde it was a constant dread.

Josie-Mary said...

Looks lovely, apart from the plane going over!!
I commented on my post about the book, not sure if you've seen it :)

sumea said...

Wonderful photographs
The frog is amazing!
x
Sumea

Ali @ Betty and Violet said...

Cicadas always remind me of holidays ~ very therapeutic to listen to...
I love your new blog banner!
Ali x

Mr Lee said...

We feel very pleased you could come to our blog.
Your encouragement is so kind!
Let's keep in touch!Welcome to our blog usually.Bless you forever.