Monday, April 13, 2009

Eggs - permanent and temporary!

The permanent eggs of the title are those I snapped around my parents' house - I think my mum is very fond of egg shapes. The more I looked, the more it felt like a grown-up's Easter Egg Hunt! China eggs in the sitting room...
On either side of the mantelpiece...
Stone eggs in a bowl....Mauchline ware... These are needle cases, I think... A gift from my dad in the dining room...Hiding in a drawer...Another bowl-full!..In a box, this time!..Now into the kitchen... And my final discovery in the hallway. Now for the much more temporary eggs - the chocolate kind.They're going into nests made with equal quantities of butter, fair trade cocoa powder, sugar and golden syrup, melted then combined with cornflakes.Yum!Yum yum! The results were extremely good. The fat charity hens joined us again. As did 'Bloups' the FT fish... And the traditional French bell...

Thanks for all your Easter wishes and your beautiful Easter posts. Easter hope and joy to you all!

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What beautiful eggs, that is indeed a collection!
I'm sure your boys enjoyed making the crunchies!

Shabby Chick said...

Gorgeous eggs, both edible and non! Hope you've had a lovely weekend.

Mel xxx

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Yummy chocolate! I think your chocolate nests looks much better then my rice krispie nests! Your boys are so cute! Lots of pretty eggs. I think I will stretch Easter out as long as I can.

Thecraftytrundler said...

Love your chocolate goodies, and those wonderful eggs! Looks as though the boys enjoyed their chocolate!!! It's a wonder there was any left for the nests!
Thanks for your comment on my blog, would you like to send me your address & e-mail address to funkymum_007@hotmail.co.uk, and I will get those creative juices flowing!! I'm really looking forward to this : )
Have a lovely day!

Sharon xx