Friday, May 21, 2010

Edinburgh Visit - the story so far...

Hello my friends! I haven't taken any photos yet for you but the story so far in Edinburgh is that I have:
  • Picked up prescriptions and gone to Tescos a lot!
  • Had lots of great chats wth my parents.
  • Tried to find tempting, healthy food for my mum.
  • Watched lots of daytime TV with my mum.
  • Been out on lots of jogs and walks to counteract the boredom of daytime TV in large quantities!
  • Enjoyed the sunshine...
  • Read your kind and thoughtful comments and emails - thanks so much.
  • Spoken to Ben and the boys on the phone, who are quite enjoying the freedom of a Mummy-free week (trip to Madonald's, computer games, Spanish Omlette meals late at night...)
  • Bought nearly my own weight in buttons (photos of the buttons to follow, for proof).
  • Bought a great second hand waterproof jaket for Son 1, who loses these things for a pass-time.
  • Bought all the Artemis Fowl series of books for the boys (yes, of course from Charity Shops!)
  • Looked through a magical collection of Victorian Sewing Artefacts with my mum (and photos will follow, I promise).
  • Found a poster for a local Jumble Sale on tomorrow! I haven't been to one of those in decades! I will report, dear readers...

13 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

Oh Floss, I do hope that you have a good time with your mum and I am so sorry that she is so unwell. You are in my thoughts and prayers

Serenata said...

Well you have certainly been busy...I am most impressed with the jogging, but glad to hear you are also getting some fresh air as well.

I'm so sorry your mum is so ill, it is so hard to find food that is tempting isn't it.

Looking forward to seeing all your goodies.

Love and {{hugs}} Lorraine

Sherri B. said...

Looking forward to your photos. It is so nice that you are able to get in a little fun.

My mother had a very real problem with even wanting more than a few bites. We found she did want ice cream and it has started turning her around. Hope you find something. You are all still in our thoughts and prayers.

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Hi Floss, glad your getting to spend some time with your parents. sorry to hear your Mum is poorly (big hugs)
Hope you have fun at the jumble sale they are few & far between these days.
Luv Sophie xxx

Elderberry-Rob said...

Hope your mum will perk up now you are giving her some tlc. Happy rummaging at the jumble sale - I have memories of fusty church halls and my mum getting in early 'to beat the dealers' - the trick was in the end to get a stall yourself and get early pick before the doors opened!

Lululiz said...

What a busy little bee! Did you say buttons? Your own weight in buttons? Gotta see them, lol, hurry up with the photos, it sounds so exciting.
Jumble sales, gotta love them. I used to go to them many years ago, mostly to find proper cotton dresses for patchwork.Then had a VERY long break from them and only started going to one or two again recently. I had forgotten how merciless, pushy and determined the old biddies are. I have the bruises to prove it, lolol. Have lots of fun, but wear heavy shoes ( cos your toes will get trodden on ), and sharpen your own elbows, you will need to fend off the old harpies.

Marigold Jam said...

Hope your mother will enjoy having you on hand and that she will feel better for all the tlc. You sound as if you've been busy and we look forward to seeing your finds later. Take care of yourself and your mum.

Jane x

VintageVicki said...

Hopefully having your there will help your Mum lots :)

Look forward to seeing your finds - I heard the word BUTTONS :) Both my 2 love the Artemis Fowl books - must confess I enjoyed them too.

Elizabethd said...

I'm sure it will be lovely to be near your mum while she is feeling a bit low. Take care over there.

Princess and the Pea said...

I didn't think Jumble Sales still existed! I haven't seen one in years, It's all about the car boot these days!

Angela said...

So glad the ashclouds havent kept you from flying home to your Mum. You're in my thoughts and prayers x

Andi's English Attic said...

Try Sally Bee's cookbook 'The Secret Ingredient' for tasty healthy receipes.
Have a great time. Looking forward to seeing the buttons! xx

Ticking stripes said...

Buttons! Buttons - you'll exceed your baggage weight! Show then, show! Enjoy your quality time with your mum.