Monday, May 4, 2009

Long Weekend 2 and a wonderful swap parcel!

The advent of reasonable weather here hopefully means the end of the ludicrous wellie boot situation we have found ourselves in this winter.See the problem? What crazy mother thought that identical boots in sizes 35, 36 and 37 would make for easy gardening and dog walking? I cannot WAIT for the day that the boys' feet are bigger than mine, which will mean that they stop walking off in MY boots!Henry the hedgehog, who has been guarding wellies for longer than the boys have been part of the family, is still doing a great job, though. He could do with a brush-around, though, poor chap.
Other weekend events - Son 2 played rugby At Home for once, rather than in some far-flung town on the other side of Toulouse. It was a huge and very successful tournament - well done to the Ecole de Rugby.
The strawberries were successfully transplanted out of Raja's reach - now we just have to think about what to do to protect the raspberries! Son 2 decorated a third pot to complete our pot family. Mr and Mrs Pot (much admired - thanks for your comments) came with us from the UK years ago. This year 'Pappie Pot', which means Grandpa Pot, has joined the family. The boys have some wonderful all-surface pens which can write/draw on glass, stone, pots etc - fantastic!
The fence you saw being planted up has finally removed the 'sitting in a goldfish bowl' nature of our patio. We celebrated by setting up the table there and enjoying an evening meal without being watched by everyone passing the gates. The flowers are from Ben's 'meadow' and the little greenish vase was a troc shop find by me and Son 1 this weekend.This is just a close-up of the little broken teapot I showed you in the last post - very cute, and a good planter for the Lily of the Valley, I thought.
It just got better and better, because my swap parcel from Sharon the Crafty Trundler from Clover Cottage arrived!
It was a free-style swap and she spent a lot of time researching the things I like, including the colour blue. Look at the fantastic bag, which is going to come on a first outing with me tomorrow to my French lesson! And two happy little hearts, in my favourite colours and fabrics...
I knew just the place for the hearts... We have our very own loving couple: Great, Great Aunt Selina, who I think has a bit of a Mona Lisa smile, and the rather gloomy Great, Great Uncle Joshua.I think that the love-hearts are just what they need to cheer them up!
Thanks so much, Sharon - I am overwhelmed by the lovely things I've been given!
This is post number 93, I think. I am planning an 'Auld Alliance' Franco-Scottish 100th Post Giveaway, so do look out for that!

5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely swap gift!
Giveaways are such fun to enter, look forward to yours!

Unknown said...

Oh what a lovely swap!

Josie-Mary said...

Great swap goodies. Glad you could sit out & have a meal.... not possible in Devon at the moment!! :)

Jeannette said...

It´s always such fun to read your adventures. ;)
Love the swap gift and your paintings.
Big hugs, Jeannette
P.S. I loved, loved, loved the vide-greniers!

Sal said...

Glad you had a good weekend!
I'd be tempted to paint a great big smile on each of those portraits!!;-)