Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Childlike Christmas - Superstars!

I've had a lovely time sorting through some decorations (handmade by the boys or other crafters, bought Fair Trade or secondhand, or given by my pupils in past years) to illustrate my final question for our Childlike Christmas. I asked my pupils (aged from 5 - 9): 'Who is the most important person at Christmas?'


I was a bit wary about asking a loaded question - I've been Sunday School teacher to some of these children's older siblings, and others are from families where Christmas is a largely secular event, so I wanted to try to ask the question without implying that I'd like to hear any particular answer!I think I probably got to hear what they really thought - see for yourself from their answers!"Father Christmas!"

"Santa!"



"Rudolph...

... otherwise they wouldn't be able to travel!"

"Jesus!""Jesus... ... and NOT ME!"



Very definite words from a very definite little girl, that last one. She's not backwards in coming forwards, but she's not putting herself ahead of the baby in the manger. Well done her.

10 comments:

polkadotpeticoat said...

That was beautiful....what a wonderful response from the little girl!
Have a merry Christmas, Floss!

Anonymous said...

Awww bless their little cotton socks ... :0)

scrumptious days said...

I do lovechildren's honesty, what a deep thought from that little girl. I think my five year old would have said the donkey, she was upset not to land this key part in the school nativity!
Merry Christmas to you and your family, we're off to France on boxing day, to see the New Year in, in Brittany.

Wishing you a safe and happy break in England.

Pom Pom said...

Perfect! I've so enjoyed your questions and the wonderful answers!
Thank you so much for joining in on all the fun, Floss! Oh, there are such good, good, good people on the planet Earth. Merry Christmas!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Your post made me smile - hope we can do some more Childlike something posts in the future, they've been fun - lucky you to have all these delightful children to interrogate!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

You have some ever so cute decorations here, don't know what my boys would say, I'll have to ask them.

Lace hearts said...

What a lovely post and perfectly teamed with the photos.

Unknown said...

What wonderful comments. I've loved this series of posts, thank you.

Unknown said...

Very delightful! And very cute and unique Christmas tree ornaments for you and your family :) Have a blessed Christmas, Floss ;)

A garden just outside Venice said...

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2012
Michela x