Friday, May 4, 2012

The Thrill of What You Already Have - May picture


Whatever the weather may be like in Europe at the moment, it's looking pretty good for Dunoon in the 1960s:
I'm thrilled by the seaside colours and stylish architecture of this holiday scene, and I've been drifting past my calendar trying to get inspiration for this month's collection. I haven't actually come up with anything yet, but I look forward to all your ideas and to sharing some of my own once I get organised!

Holidays (but not the seaside variety) are very much the theme here in May - this week the First was a holiday, and the children had Monday 30th off school too. Next week the eighth is a holiday - the boys will be in school on the seventh, but Ben is taking the day off to paint the very rusty front gate. I'll post some pictures (before, during and after) so that you can get an idea of the palatial gates we go in for in this part of France...

7 comments:

Between Me and You said...

Such a shame to get rid of Babs from your sidebar...she looks so good there! Love the new pic....thinking caps on!Have a good weekend, Floss. Bank Holiday Monday off for me, YIPPEE!

Jane and Chris said...

I once lived across the loch from Dunoon....don't remember THAT view!!
Brain in gear once more.....
Jane x

helen tilston said...

Wishing you a most enjoyable weekend

Helen

Elderberry-Rob said...

Lovely blue theme this month. We have Monday off x bank holiday - but its my day off anyway so no surprises there!

French Nanny said...

That's Dunoon on the Cote d'Azur, I guess...

magsmcc said...

Loving all these recent posts and themes, Floss! Just not very up-to-date on the commenting,as usual! I know that I probably have your address somewhere, but would you mind emailing/facebooking it again- can't believe that it's time to put together the address sheet for the rest of the Willows tour! Also can't wait for their French leg- hope there won't be any frogs involved.... Toad would be most distressed!

Nancy McCarroll said...

Am thinking of your post regarding vacations and the theme of the thrill of what I already have...memories. That will be my post.