Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tagged handkerchief

Help! I have been given an award and tagged by Juanita (thank you, Juanita!). The questions have a definite 'fashion' edge to them - I may be truly challenged here! To keep you awake through my non-fashionista answers, I have posted some pictures from my mum's handkerchief collection...

What is your current obsession? Blogging, I guess!
What are you wearing today? Denim skirt (there's a surprise) with a frayed edging, pale blue and white striped T-shirt and sandals.

What's for dinner? Salad, bread, cheese, ham and (for the boys) a jar of Marmite too! What's the last thing you bought? Apart from food shopping, I think it was my cute polka-dot bike panniers. What do you think about the person who tagged you? Juanita is great! She's one of the most easy-going, relaxed bloggers I know - it's fun to find out what she's been doing every day. That question about a fully furnished, paid-for house that everyone answers with 'Paris' or 'New York'. Oh, in the Pyrenees, which are only 2-3 hours away, which avoids the long, expensive or environmentally unfriendly travel business. What is your must-have item for summer? Sun hat. I become rather ill, very quickly, without one. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would it be? Hmm. One hour is just not long enough. I'd love to go to Macchu Pichu, Peru, but as you have to acclimatise to the altitude, an hour there would just make me very ill! Who do you want to meet right now? Nobody modern springs to mind. I'd like to meet some people from the past, either famous or ordinary, to see what life was really like for them.What is your favourite piece of clothing from your own closet? Denim skirts, probably - I have one in every length and most styles (except frilly - they don't work on me).What is your dream job? Helping people learn whilst having time for my own family (wait, that sounds like what I do right now!)What's your favourite magazine? Maybe BBC Good Homes, at the moment - I have to decide, as my parents are going to give me a magazing subscription for my birthday!What do you consider a fashion faux-pas? Bulges where there should not be bulges.Describe your personal style. Fairly traditional, on the cute, English, flowery side.What are you going to do after this? Take the boys to their piano lesson. Three styling tips that work for you:

1 Don't wear things that keep having to be readjusted. Wear something which stays where you put it!

2 Skirts are more comfortable and more flattering than trousers.

3 Blue is the new black.

What are you proud of? That we moved to France and have settled here successfully.What does your favourite underwear look like? Good, grief, my father reads this blog every day! It's one thing for him to have my washing in his washing machine, it's another for him to have to read the info over the net! "There are rules to this tagging shenanigan... Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own. Tag eight others." Oops. I've only tagged four. If anyone else wants to take on the challenge, please do!

Glenda

Alexandra

Betty G

Ashley

10 comments:

Kara Ward said...

So fun! Aughhh...the photos are gorgeous! I too can't live without a hat in the Summer and my sunglasses. I have to get a new pair in the next few days. I broke mine and we are leaving for Vegas! Not good at all...

Anonymous said...

What a marvelous handkerchief collection! I have enjoyed each one as well as reading each of your answers. This tagging does help us to get to know each other a little more. I think blue is a very flattering colour, particulartly in the summer, I like the sound of your outfit today and your meal sounds delicious (including the marmite!) enjoy!
x
sumea

Jackie said...

Lovely photograph's ~ your collection of vintage hankies are beautiful and look very interesting! It's also lovely getting to know you a little better too ~ Jackie :O)

Olga said...

The handkerchiefs are beautiful! My personal favourite is the turquoise one - I love the lace and it somehow stands out from the rest and the square element on it is quite unexpected. How old is it? I see you have been busy blogging recently - lots to catch up on!

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

What a fun post to read! And your hanky collection is stunning! I collect old white on white and lace hankies as well, so you can imagine how I admire your wonderful collection!

Jeannette said...

You had me laughing out loud about the bulges! ;)
And wow....what a stunning collection of handkerchiefs.
Big hug, Jeannette

Lululiz said...

Oh Floss, those hankies are gorgeous! I would be hard pressed to pick out a favourite one, they are all so very beautiful. I know I am slightly odd, lol, but I love handling stunning fabricy things like those hankies. I often get my lace and linens etc out, and just look at the workmanship. I am so full of admiration for the women who had the skill to produce something so outstanding.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Magazine subscriptions are great gifts aren't they!

Victoria xx

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

I love the white one with the circle and the lace making the square. So pretty! I have a couple of hankies that just sit in my drawer. I'm a tissue kind of girl. Perhaps I could make something out of them?

JuanitaTortilla said...

OH Floss! when I saw these questions that I was to answer, was I stumped, because I am one of the least fashionable persons alive. It took me a while to come up with those "fashion tips" and "faux pas", to be honest, because obviously I never ever do think about them, haha.

Hey! You are allowed to change questions! (I realised that part of the game too late -- not changing or removing any questions). Nevertheless, I've removed that very last answer, and you could too.