Saturday, June 20, 2009

Garden Party - Please do come...

Just an updated post to say how much I've loved your wonderful contributions to my virtual garden party, everyone! It's been a fantastic way for loads of my friends to get to know each other, just as I hope my 'real' party will be next Saturday. I've left a little comment next to all the links below, in the hope it will tempt more people to 'visit' a new blog and find yet another marvelous garden party guest. Prize-giving next week, after my actual party...Elizabethd from French Village Life (France) - oooh, that gateau...
Jayne of Country Cottage Chic (England) - what a civilised party - I need that cake next Saturday!
Melanie of A Country Dream (England) - I think she's bringing her crochet!
Valerie of Dotty Dotty (England) - She booked the Pimms bus! Is it too late for me to ask them to drive south..?
Lululiz of Lalaland (England and France!) - thank goodness we cleared the helipad!
Bekimarie from The ramblings of an everyday mummy (England) - what lovely paper lanterns

Olga of Where are you... (Poland) - Now I've seen that dress, my garden will seem forever incomplete...
Sarah from Red Gingham (New Zealand) - she's making a two-week trip of it, folks!
Caroline of Lace Hearts (England) - Love the customised hat - I may try this, but the boxy dancers..? Hmm...
Ashley from Peacocks and Dragonflies (USA) - she could be the best-dressed guest, folks!
Isabel de la Maison Douce (USA) - which vintage dress would you choose?
Josie-Mary (England) - check out her polka-dot dress!

Sonia of Vintage Rose Designs (USA)
Louise, at The Whispering Poppies (USA) - oh, a party on the beach - we'll get there by cycling...
Juanitatortilla (Switzerland) - never been to a Swiss/Asian Garden Party before? Get over to this one ASAP!
Alexandra, Domestic Novice (Scotland) - what a wonderful, rosey handbag!
Lissy Lou and the two little boys (England) - a marvelous, secret garden venue...
Sharon, of Clover Cottage (England) - Aaliyah has to be the youngest blogger I know!
Della, of Della Grace's Life (USA) - an incredible cake...

Mandy, of Live, Laugh, Love (England) - vintage crystal bouquets? Why didn't I think of that? They're lovely...

Clare, at Summerfete (England) - a late addition - I'm so glad I found this lovely party!
Fleur, at Marble Rose (England) - a Pimms teacosy? I have now officially seen it all...

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Floss! I'm afraid I have no garden piccies, but I will write about this garden party on my post later today. I hope you enjoy a fabulous day. xxxx

Lululiz said...

I AM ON MY WAY right about now!!! Wouldn't miss your party for anything.

Marie Reed said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I am drinking champagne and eating cake for breakfast in your honor! We are on vacation in Cherbourg this weekend! I'm running out the door but will post tonight and visit everyone:) Hooray for Floss! Cheers!

Jackie said...

Have a very Happy Birthday Floss and enjoy your day. I look forward to seeing all your lovely gifts and cards and reading all the Garden Party posts from all your guests. I hope that you have a great day and ENJOY!:O)

Josie-Mary said...

Happy birthday Floss, hope you have a great day.
Hope the sun is shining for your party, it's not in Exeter..lol!!!
I'm just about to do my post now :)

Lululiz said...

Waaahh, Floss, why is my post not showing up? How weird is that? I posted ages ago. Could you please check and see whether you can access my blog? Big birthday hug!

Michela said...

Hello Floss!!!
Happy Birthday/Joyeux Anniversaire!!

Lululiz said...

Ooh, I am having a great time wombling around, mingling with your guests and meeting so many of your friends, Just going to the drinks marquee to get another Kir Royale.

Ashley said...

Just posted my images for your Garden Party! Happy happy Birthday! I am off to see what the other party ideas are!

Country Cottage Chic said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!
It's a little overcast for a garden party today so I'll leave my post until tomorrow!

Jayne

blushing rose said...

Blessings on your stepping into another wonderful phase of life. Happy birthday ... TTFN ~Marydon

Sarah said...

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you"
Have a great day!

Beki said...

Happy Birthday Floss!
I hope it's a good one, they do say life begins now so enjoy every moment.
((hugs))
Beki xxx

LissyLou said...

Just realised that my last comment to you may have seemed like i ment to go and see the Garden Party!! What i actually ment was for you to go and look at my previous post as theres something for you on it!!
Hope you've enjoyed your day and the parties!!!!
I bet your excited about next weeks 'real' one even more now! xxxxxx

valerie said...

happy birthday floss yes I'm still going to play along hope you are having a good day
http://dottydotty.wordpress.com/

marble rose said...

Just getting ready - but FYI please visit Marble Rose to collect your well deserved and prestigious award!

Fleur
xxxx

Rose Brier Studio said...

Happy Birthday Floss! I'm stopping in after enjoying Louise's beach picnic on Cape Cod. Enjoy both your virtual and real parties. Many Happy Returns of the Day!
~Marilee

valerie said...

Hope you can hop onover floss the party is in full swing now
Val
http://dottydotty.wordpress.com/

Olga said...

Dear Floss! Many happy returns :)! Wishing you all the best this beautiful day! It was lovely to come across your blog and to know you - you are a lovely person. Stay positive, full of ideas and inquisitive! I wish you to have some great moments with people closest to you and a cosy little celebration before the big garden party, which I'm sure is going to be a success! And finally do have many new finds for your collections and more time for blogging ;)Something you'll hopefully find to your liking is awaiting for you on my blog ;)

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

I've just done my posting about your fab party. Thanks so much!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Happy Birthday!

Sorry i'm so late to all these parties but I'm having such fun skipping from one to the other!

Victoria x

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Happy Birthday, Floss! =)))) This was a fun party!

abeachcottage said...

Many Happy returns

JuanitaTortilla said...

Oh, what a wild party this is. I will have to devote more time to "meet and greet" each and every party attendee! How very exciting.

P.S. Did you know Take That is over at Lululiz's (blog), apparently, YOU have hired them for the party :D Oh, that's a great post. Will go peek at the other Garden Parties early this week.

Hope you've had a lovely real-life Garden Party. We're all looking forward to what went on! Thank you for this great "party" idea. You are a great hostess!

Selfsewn said...

Happy Birthday Floss!
Hope you are having a lovely garden party for real.
I shall try an arrange a post tomorrow to extend the event!
Clare

Country Cottage Chic said...

Your party is waiting for you at my blog!

Michela said...

Hello Floss!
That's me again!
I had a quick look at all your Birthday parties...such a great idea you had!
When I read your invitation one month ago I didn't understand how to participate (because of my bad English and scarse knowledge of blogging..)
You're a genius!
..and very lucky for all these parties and friends!

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Floss
Happy Birthday! Have a fantastic time with your friends and family. No doubt the food will be wonderful with plenty of French patisserie...
Isabelle x

Lace hearts said...

What an amazing party you threw. Thank you so much. I've just managed to work off my pudding hangover and post all about it. I'm still laughing about the loss of your shoes even today. As for those boxy dancers - you really know how to party. You are a funny lady, you really are. Caroline x

Mandy said...

Firstly let me Wish you a Very Happy Birthday xxx
I have done a post for you on my blog. Showing you what I will be wearing etc and to see what present I have got for you. I am slightly late with my acceptance I think. xxxx
Hope you have a lovely day xx

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

Hope you had an amazing birthday weekend, thank you for being a continued source of inspiration!!!

Sam said...

Happy belated birthday Floss xxx
Sam x

LissyLou said...

What great parties Floss - i've enjoyed visiting them all x

Carole said...

Hi Floss,
Happy Birthday!!!
from the US.
Came over from Whispering Poppies

Have a great party!!!

Terry said...

Howdy Floss
Happy Birthday dear lady.
What a joy your Garden Party theme is and so much fun to visit from table to table.
I just adore Garden party's.
Thank you so very much for this fabulous post.
May your special day be the best ever.
Many happy birthday blessings to you.
Hugs

Jackie said...

Floss ~ I'm just popping by to say that I hope that you have a lovely time at your Garden Party today ~ I'm looking forward to seeing the photos sometime soon :O)xx

Beck said...

Dearest Floss, look at all the wonderful birthday wishes!! I do hope you have the best birthday and that you are surrounded by love, laughter & fun. I think it's so important to celebrate in life, so have a ball ok? You are a very generous and kind blogger & I always enjoy reading about what you are up to. Happy, happy birthday Floss xoxox

Anne Marie said...

I am so sad I missed this!

Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Hi Floss, please accept my apologies for not making your party! It looks like everyone had a fabulous time, I wish I could have made it!