Thursday, June 11, 2009

Love

I'm back in Edinburgh, without Ben and the boys, as my dad will be in Denmark for several days, and my mum needs the company and support - she's been unwell for a long time. I brought the camera but forgot my card reader, so there will be a short pause on the new photos until I get to the right kind of shop!
Fortunately I have photos from my last vist to Edinburgh stored on my parents' computer, so I've included a selection of paintings my mum has given me to accompany this post.

Both Victoria from Florence and Mary and Felicty of Joshy and Belle have tagged me. Thank you, ladies!

Here are the rules of this one.
Pick 6 unimportant things you love.
Mention & link to the person who tagged you.
Tag 6 of your favourite bloggers to play along (don't forget to comment on their blog to let them know they've been tagged!)
Well, it's nice to be limited to unimportant things. Here goes:

1 Buttons, buttons, buttons!

2 The nightingale that sings outside our window at this time of year (between 11.30pm and midnight).

3 Murder 'Lite' novels - I like this way of describing them. How murder can truly be 'light' I don't know but what I mean is that I like the people, places and mysteries more than the gruesome details.

4 The West Wing - every series. Ben and I wanted to vote for President Bartlett but now we've more or less got President Santos in the Oval Office! (He was genuinely inspired by Senator Obama, apparantly.)

5 Singing. It embarrasses Son 1.

6 Chocolate.
I thought Victoria's way of choosing people to tag was clever, so I'll do something similar. The first six people who are signed up for my garden party are tagged:

Elizabethd from French Village Life


Sal, from Sal's Snippets


oops, Melanie's already been tagged, so I have to skip her,

Valerie from Dotty Dotty

and oh no, help, Lululiz! Last time I tagged her she mentioned an 80s pop song which has been haunting me ever since. This is a risky thing I do...And if you haven't signed your name on my party guestlist, yet, you are invited!

11 comments:

Sal said...

Hi there..I have not been able to access your blog for a few days,no idea why. Thanks for the tag,which I hope to get around to doing soonish..I'm madly making things at the mo!
Hope your mum feels better soon...have a good stay in Edinburgh.
;-)

Lululiz said...

Oh good grief, woman, you just had to do it, didn't ya? You had to tag ME! Instead, you should have just said to yourself, " Relax, don't do it...." . I am asking you, " Do you really want to hurt me? " . " I just want to break free! " Maybe I should just drink a glass of " Red, red wine ", and then in my mind, I could go to " Vienna ". Sigh, " I should be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky "

HAHAHAHA, revenge is soooooooo sweet!!!

Carol said...

Sorry to hear that your Mum has ben unwell, but I am sure having you back for a while will be a great tonic for her.
I love the painting of the sea, love water.
I will have a go at this tag, I have another to do still so will combine them both in a post.
I share your love of buttons!
Cxxx

Elizabethd said...

Passing on this for a while, as I'm laid up with kidney infection.

Sarah said...

Sorry about your mum, but hope you have a good time in Edinburgh.

Olga said...

Hi Floos - you are incerible - having fun all the time on your blog! :) How do you do this? :D Great you are in Edinbourg - will be waiting for some travel stories from you :)greets to your mom - she became an integral part of this blog i think.

Olga said...

Hmmm, now I know how to spell Edinburgh... shame on me.

Alexandra said...

Sorry to hear that your mum isn't keeping too well. I'm sure she'll enjoy having you visit. If you do manage to get out and about have a wander down Victoria Street for me! Oh, and The West Wing...totally agree!

Poppy said...

I hope you are having a lovely time with your mum. It must be nice for the both of you too spend some together.

Are you still on the lookout for treasure???

I hope your mum feels better soon…love Lou xxx

THISNTHAT said...

Hope you and your Mum have a great time together. I'm sure you'll be just the tonic she needs. Have a good time around those charity shops (we have eight in Totnes but no guide book as yet!)
Lesley X

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your mam, send her my best wishes. Have a lovely time in Edinburgh. xxxx