Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Vintage tiles - the photos and the reality!

Two beautiful kitchens in the March and April Homes and Antiques Magazines have featured vintage or antique tiles. I've always fancied tiles like this, and Ben is currently looking for some tiles, so when I saw vintage tiles for sale locally, I moved fast:
I bought this pretty flower tile, and two other blue and white ones, for 10€ the lot.
The vendor was on the 'For Sale, Swap, Wanted and Giveaway in Toulouse' Facebook page - she sells items to raise money for a local cat charity. I've bought and sold plenty of things (bunkbeds, books and bikes, for example) on this wonderful English-language page since it was set up a year ago, but this is the first time I have found vintage items.
Here are the magazine pages with some beautiful ideas...
I shall have to keep shopping!
PS The sunshine and blooms were yesterday. Today, everything has been covered in snow!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the magazine photo of the tiles all put together as a splashback montage, they look wonderful. Three is a good start.

Elizabethd said...

They are lovely, the beginning of a collection, I'm sure. Have you tried Anglo-info? They often have offers.

Lola Nova said...

Beautiful! I love vintage tiles as well. I once lived in a shared Victorian flat that had the most amazing tiles in the kitchen. When I left I wanted to take the walls with me :)

Today we have sun, lovely sun! My girl brought me some daffs from the yard. Tomorrow it's dark and rainy again. I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

Lorrie said...

I hope your unexpected dump of snow melts quickly and spring resumes her coming.
What a great start to a collection of tiles. The magazine inspiration is great motivation.

Elderberry-Rob said...

What a fabulous magazine, the tiles you have found are beautiful - hope you find some more.