Thursday, May 5, 2011

Forget-me-nots in May

I think I've been inspired by more than Niki's calendar this month...Yes, it's always my main focus for the month, but you might agree it's just possible that I've been influenced by this, and I certainly know that this book is having a big impact on me too (review to follow)...But what a lot of fun it was putting it all together!I have French vintage forget-me-nots paired with some of those clever magnetic strigs of beads we were all buying a few years ago,



a vintage Flower Fairies book (but not, interestingly, with the same Forget-me-not poem as in Niki's photo),

lace so generously given to my by Californian Shelly,

And French lavendar from the garden.

Sadly, all my forget-me-nots went over about three weeks ago!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Hi Floss,
Thank you so much for your comment on my cherry tree. :)
My forget-me-nots are around the garden are all gone too. It has been a good long dry weather around here, but thank goodness it seems it is going to rain for the next coming days. Of course I am enjoying teh good weather but the garden suffers a lot!
xx

Sherri B. said...

You have put together a very lovely and feminine vignette this month, a nice soft touch.

Serenata said...

So pretty and as Sherri has said very feminine and pretty. It looks very soothing.

Unknown said...

I love the fairy book!!! I'm still waiting for my forget-me-nots to show their faces.
Have a great week!
Chris :o)

Carol said...

All the months are lovely in Niki's calendar but I do have a soft spot for the forget-me-nots. Ours are just starting to go over but still looking lovely. We got some (not enough) rain today, first for weeks and weeks.
Love your vignette, so pretty.
Carol xx

Cat said...

I'm hoping to have some forget me nots in my little fairy garden I've just planted for my fairy loving girl

A garden just outside Venice said...

Wherever your inspiration comes from ,you always put together charming displays!
xxx