Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Prayer for our Children - New Life and Health

This is the last in my series of prayers for my own children, which you might be able to apply to your family too. I'm linking to Spiritual Sunday, and if you're visiting from there, please feel free to scroll through my posts of the last week, as I began the prayers last Monday. The photos featured every day have come from our Easter Garden. This prayer is very personal, as our elder son has had a number of medical difficulties this year... Christ is Risen - Alleluia! Jesus, you are the Lord of Abundant Life, not of judgement, death, illness and struggle. Please forgive us when we see the Christian life as one of puritanical denial, and instead let us see that you are always about More, not less, about Life, not death, about Wholeness, not restrictions. We pray for our children, that they will enjoy eternal life with you, but also abundant life now. Where their bodies aren't working properly, please bring healing. Where their brains struggle with learning and life, please bring clarity and purpose. Where their minds suffer from the stresses of living, please bring your peace and assurance. We entrust our children to you, Lord, knowing that you love them as much as and more perfectly than we do. In your name we give you our children: body, brain, mind and soul, and trust you that they will lead healthy, safe, fulfilling and faithful lives.
Amen

7 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Oh, how HE cherishes the children. I have appreciated your heartfelt prayers, Floss.

Heidi said...

I'm so ready for all the Beautiful Easter hymns this morning! Have a happy day ,will your Dad be with you?

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your prayers this week. This one especially touches my heart and is very close to home as we also struggle with learning, health and special needs (for want of a better term.)Remembering that God can take better care of my children than me, and trusting him to do so is a biggie. Giving him their lives is harder than giving my own...but I'm slowly learning it is the only way.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

great prayer.....praying the same....Happy Easter to you and your family

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

We all need to be praying parents, and grandparents.
Blessings,
Ginger

Anonymous said...

Beautiful prayer for your children. This is a prayer we can share.
Thank you for this blessing.
Charlotte

Pamela said...

I echo your prayer for my own children and grandchildren. Knowing God as my Heavenly Father makes it easy for me to ask for His blessings on those I love. Thank you for this beautiful petition.

Blessings,
Pamela