Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Welcome Home

We had a lovely welcome home yesterday. Ben arrived to meet us at the airport with Raja on her leash, which caused much excitement amongst boys and dog! Once home I looked at my post and found another very welcome little package. Ashley, an artist who has a wonderfully creative blog called Peacocks and Dragonflies, recieved one of my Pay it Forward gifts a few months ago. Very sweetly, she went out shopping and searched her local flea market for a thank you gift - this beautiful embroidered handkerchief to add to my collection.
Anyone who knows me can tell what a great choice this is for me - the Lily of the Valley flowers remind me of May 1st here in France, and the blue roses are something of a trademark for this blog, I think. Ashley, I am delighted - thanks so much!
The handkerchief came with one of Ashley's own creations - this excellent button-design card. I'm afraid the central button was smashed in the post, Ashley! But the design of the little buttons and dots is still great, and I'm really pleased to have something you've made, after months of looking at photos of your work. Below, you can see my PIF purse, made with vintage European and Chinese textiles.So here we are again, having had a wonderful time in Edinburgh, and now looking forward to a week of work on windowframes and other outdoor woodwork.I think the boys will be very glad of the pool while their parents do boring things with sandpaper and 'lasure'!

11 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Don't know about you, but after a trip even for just a few days, I am always glad to get back home.
Glenda

JuanitaTortilla said...

:) All smiles here, as I'm proud to be an owner of one of that very special *hand sewn* vintage pouch, made by Madame Floss!

Yes, it's always good to be home, and even nicer to have an adoring pet to return to.

Shabby Chick said...

That's a beautiful handkerchief, how gorgeous, I would love one like that in my collection too! The purse is so pretty.

Mel xxx

Lululiz said...

Oooh, you are back home again, I'll post your competition win to you tomorrow!

The handkerchief is very beautiful, a perfect addition to a hanky collection. And I had no idea that you are a talented seamstress as well, that purse is so beautiful, really lovely colours and fabrics.

Elizabethd said...

Absolutely lovely, what a kind gift.

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Hello and welcome home Floss! That really is a very pretty purse you have made, you clever little thing. How sweet to be sent such a pretty little hanky as a thank you present. I didn't know you collected them, personally I am a tissue girl as I can't be bothered ironing them! Have a good week with your boys.

Michela said...

Hi Floss!
What a warm welcome you had!

Lace hearts said...

I love vintage handkerchiefs, and that's an especially pretty one. I love the purse you made.
I bet Edinburgh was fun. I've received such a lovely package from you - thank you so much. I'll post about it very soon, once I've taken pictures. Thank you, Floss.

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

I forgot to say that the girls really enjoyed the HP movie. Husband thought it wasn't great and you really needed to have seen the previous one which they hadn't.

The girls seem to enjoy anything at the movies so it's not much to go on really. After all they loved Happy Feet and I thought it was the worst movie I'd ever seen! Such a bore. I really don't enjoy cartoon type movies so Daddy takes them to those.

Ashley said...

Hi Floss,
Thanks for the mention though I do have to say that I unfortunately did not make the card. I am very glad that you liked the handkerchief, I had a few to choose from so I am happy that I picked this one for you in the end.
My Dad is very pleased that you commented on his illustration. The lessons are slow going as our internet connection is pretty terrible and there is much competition for the computer.

Olga said...

Dear Floss! Thank you very much for your recent comments - you cheered me up a lot about blogging and I think I started be less worried about things I can't control and enjoy the whole thing more :)I am just starting to realize how much I missed from your blog though, it will be a great read!
P.S.that purse is just lovely - you know how I like those little things...