Monday, May 11, 2009

I wasn't going to post today...

But I've just won two lots of mother of pearl buttons on ebay.fr, and I'm excited! Lots of crafting opportunities, I think! And secondly, here is a lovely article about thrifty living in the High Pyrenees - we live on the lowlands but we can see the mountains and often travel to them for winter sports and summer camping trips. The author lives in a very remote area but I can still relate to what she is talking about - similar things happen even here, near the big city!

If you read it it might just give you an idea of the neighbourliness and care taken by people in rural France - I think it's great!
Here is a wild rose for you, picked, displayed and photographed by Son 2, yesterday.
And don't forget, wherever you come from, to enter my giveaway, in at least one way (there are three possible ways to enter - why not go for all of them?)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely buttons! xxxx

Glenda/MidSouth said...

The only thing I have bought on ebay was 2 books on dolls houses. I am one of those people who like to see what I am buying in person. Interesting read. You son did a good job - pretty flower.
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning all those lovely buttons.
Thank you for the link to that amazing article. Many thanks also to your husband for identifying the mushroom, it is the first time I have seen one like it. I will keep a look out for more interesting funghi.
The wild rose is so perfect :o) really lovely.
x
Sumea

Olga said...

These buttons are just great! I saw them and all those ideas on how to use them started entering my mind.. If I had an old wide wooden frame I'd paint it white or beige and glue all those buttons to it - the more - the better and the best thing is they already look a bit vintage!

Unknown said...

Well done! What lovely buttons, I'm sure you can put them into good use. Glad to see your son is following in your creative footsteps :)

Anne Marie said...

no thank you for the giveaway (lol)
the picture of the herdsman is great!

Sonia said...

I look forward to see what you will make of those buttons. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day

Sonia

Niki Fretwell said...

I love MOP buttons - what a great 'win'!

When we have holidayed in France, we are always struck how most of the French prefer to live in towns and cities...the rural dwellers are much fewer....funny, as in the UK, many dream of living in the countryside, don't they?!

Have a great week,
Niki

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Love those buttons, great finds.

This is my new blog linky http://thefurtheradventuresofathriftymrs.blogspot.com/

Selfsewn said...

Lucky you living in France!
I've not been for years, though we had croissants for breakfast. Does that count?
Clare

Jeannette said...

I just read you´re at home being ill. Hope you feel better soon.
What a fun article....love reading stories like these.
Do you allready know the blog of Corey Amaro (http://willows95988.typepad.com/tongue_cheek/)
I think you might like her stories and perhaps something to cheer you up.
Big hug, Jeannette

Shabby Chick said...

Such a pretty rose and I love the buttons! Vintage buttons are so moreish!

Must join in your giveaway now...

Mel xxx