Thursday, February 19, 2009

Signs of Spring?

All around the northern hemisphere, bloggers are showing some lovely spring-like photos. Obviously the winner for me has to be a Californian blogger who was picking the new-flowering Bird of Paradise flowers for her home, but here are a few early spring images from southern France. We aren't on the Med, and we do have frosts and a bit of snow.

I planted a few snowdrop bulbs in the autumn, without much hope, but I do have ONE snowdrop!


Both of the photos above are from my shady log-garden.



This is Ben's area - the front garden.

Son 2 picked me these willow buds from a fallen tree yesterday. I think they make the fabric rose behind them (which I wore in my hair for my sister's wedding last summer) look so fake - I'm going to need to get back to fresh flowers once spring really starts and the daffodils are out in the garden.


And the boys have a French friend visiting, so we ate Silver Dollar pancakes this afternoon... Yum.




3 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Floss, how great to live in France! Loved your comment, thanks for visiting. As a California based webshop, I love everything French!
xo Lidy
www.frenchgardenhouse.com

Sal said...

I love spring flowers..so welcome after the cold winter. I'm longing to get out in the garden ! ;-)

Aida said...

I can't wait to see how spring season looks like in France! I'm glad I stumble upon your blog!

Blessings,

Aida