Monday, August 16, 2010

Red, white and blue for August

This appropriately summery collection was, of course, inspired by...Niki's Nostalgia at the Stone House calendar page for August.
It all goes very nicely with the mini-bunting I made last autumn with IKEA offcuts...Look at this fantastic little painted shell in Niki's collection.
I'm afraid my version isn't anything so special.
But it's a lovely little holiday-style collection for August.
I look forward to turning over my calendar page so much each month!

10 comments:

Josie-Mary said...

oohh I love a bit of red, white & blue! :)

Me and Ma said...

What a lovely little tea caddy Floss :)

Serenata said...

A lovely display for August. The shell is great,painted or not!

Marigold Jam said...

That's a great way of displaying your treasures each month. Brings each to the forefront for a bit of attention eh?

Jane

Autumn Mist said...

This is such a good challenge, isn't it? I do look forward to seeing what you come up with each month.

Andi's English Attic said...

I had such plans for a summer display but with all the work going on in the house, didn't get around to it. Ah well, there's always next summer! xx

Sherri B. said...

Everytime you share this with us I intend on starting something like this also, then I forget..It's a great idea so I must get on the ball. Thanks for sharing each month.

Lola Nova said...

How festive! I love that bunting, it fits so well with all the treasures.

Unknown said...

Ooh, bunting! I keep wanting to make some...maybe this week is the week I should?

Ticking stripes said...

Lovely post Floss.Was thinking of you while in Edinburgh last week - couldn't believe the number of charity shops! Visited Stockbridge and found 12! And the quality was fantastic. Charity shopw with vintage sections? Wow!