GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED
A year ago I had a little trial session on Blogger, to see if I could make it work. Here is my first ever post. I wanted to blog for my mum, over in Scotland and needing regular updates on our life in France, and also for myself, having seen some super blogs out there! As so many people have already said, I could never have anticipated the fun, pleasure, learning experiences and true friendships that I would gain through blogging. It is delightful to know that there are so many people out there with interesting lives and common hobbies and concerns - I feel less alone than I did a year ago. A lot less. So thanks to you wonderful blogging friends, old and newer and new, and here is a giveaway for any and all of you!
You can see most of it here, but part of it will be personalised for the winner. Let's itemise the goodies:
- a very fine white cotton piece with one end beautifully embroidered, as you can see. I have picked up a few of these this year and am not quite sure what they were made for - any ideas?
- a vintage (1967) French agricultural tea towel - slightly marked but oh so stylish!
- a sweet embroidered floral mat (actually I am wondering why I am giving this away)
- a remnant of red Provençal-style oilcloth - I am keeping one piece and the winner will get the other - it could be good for jam pot covers, perhaps! All of the above pieces were thrifted in France over this last year of blogging. In addition:
- a much-cherished book of children's crafts, to reflect the family activities side of my blogging
- a piece of Laura Ashley wallpaper border, thrifted ages ago in England, which I've been using in my own projects recently. And finally:
- I will add one item specially chosen for the winner. Please let me know what kind of French vintage items you really admire (within reason, obviously!) and I'll look through my collection or go out shopping at a Vide Grenier for you!
This is going to be a very basic giveaway - I'm not feeling up to fiddling with lots of double and tripple entries! Please leave a comment here if you would like to enter, letting me know where your interests lie in terms of the final gift - perhaps sewing items, paper ephemera, books, lace, buttons, maybe figurines or jewellery - small things I could reasonably post anywhere in the world, please!
If you're not a follower and you think you'd like to come back to visit again, please do click on the followers' button, but I won't insist on it to enter. Similarly, if you'd like to copy the top photo and make a link to this post on your blog I would be delighted but it's not an obligation.
Just comment and you have a chance to win, while I get the chance to keep in touch with friends from the past year, and make yet more for the year to come! I'll draw the winner on February 24th.
Feb 24th I'm just tidying up the comments here so that eqch one represents one entry, and then I shall make the draw and post the winner...