Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Pause in Advent - You are Invited...

Advent begins next Sunday, November 29th, and children will start opening their Advent Calendars two days later – the season of anticipation is finally here!
I’ve been inviting bloggers to get together for an informal series of Advent posts – the rules are vague, because what I’d really like is for people to share something that’s important to THEM for Advent, rather than feeling they have to fit in with what anyone else is doing.
If you would like to join us, here are the rules, such as they are:
j
Post four times in Advent, either on the Sundays (29th Nov, Dec 6th, 13th, and 20th) or on the following Mondays.
j
Use the ‘A Pause for Advent’ picture at the bottom of this post, or the little one in the sidebar, to link back to my blog, which will give the links to the other Advent bloggers.
j
Post about ANYTHING on your mind this Advent – traditions, family, craft, questions, hopes, experiences, faith … it’s up to you!
j
Visit the other Advent bloggers as you are able, to find out what’s on THEIR minds this Advent.
j
If you would like to join in, please let me know in your comment on this post.Here is a list of those who are already signed up:
j
Jane, once a fellow Englishwoman in France, but now back in the UK at Marigold Jam
j
Yoli, the ever-inspired Apron Senorita from Texas
j
Jus, heading towards a summery Advent in her New Zealand Beach Hut
j
Michela, with the Little Secrets of her Italian Garden
j
Kaye, who runs a really helpful American site for Sandwich Generation carers
j
Angela, with her delightfully quirky British sense of humour, over at Tracing Rainbows
j
Claire, just returned to England from her New York trip, getting back to blogging at Dolly Dollop
j
Jen, the Madmum at the Madhouse (which is in England – where else?)
We’re represented on the continents of Europe, North America and Oceania (well, Jus, that's what we call your continent here in France, but what do you guys call it?), but it would be great to have some more of you (from anywhere at all!) with us on our little pause in the journey towards Christmas.
This is the logo, folks. Copy it and join us if you can!

23 comments:

Michela said...

Hi Floss! How exciting to take part in your Advent Pause! Luckily flea market was this Sunday ;-) ..lots of finds!

BadPenny said...

thanks Floss, I shall enjoy reading the different thoughts for Advent.

Elizabethd said...

Sign me up please, Floss.

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

Sign me up too!! Great idea...

Marigold Jam said...

I knew I had agreed to join in something but had forgotten what! Thanks for reminding me! I will see what I can do re posts. Might try and do them now and save for later so I don't forget again.

Jane

VintageVicki said...

Please include me too - I'd love to include my random wafflings in this event :)

Will link you to my blog too

VintageVicki said...

Gosh did it - only took 2 attempts too ;)

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Hey you forgot me! I'm in. I'm sure I'll be able to find something to ramble on about. Nice Advent wreath by the way. I'll have to get on with making one myself.

Unknown said...

Hi there, Thanks for stopping by. This is going to be so much fun! Do I just right click the link and then paste as a widget or is there a code to use? Or just copy the pix and do the link myself? Just want to be sure I do it right. Thanks again, and a Blessed Thanksgiving week to all, near and far! :)

Serenata said...

Me too, I'd like to join in please.

New Zealand isn't a continent - it is an Island ;-) or rather Islands! Although I think Oceania sounds pretty good.

Lola Nova said...

I'd love to sign up but, since my mother reads my blog everyday, I keep holiday posts to a minimum (due to her beliefs, she is adamantly opposed to any holiday) It seems odd at the age of nearly 41, I am censoring myself because of my mother but, perhaps you can understand. I will certainly be reading and commenting on all the blogs that have joined and I look forward to seeing what is important to all these lovely folks.

Lyn said...

What a lovely idea. I would love to join in.
Love
Lyn
xxx

Floss said...

Confession: I bought the wreath.

Me and Ma said...

Hi Floss, What a lovely idea, I would love to give it a go. I mentioned to Freya today that I am going to make a new advent calander, her reaction was quite surprising, "Why !, don,t throw out the old ones!", I said I thought they might like a new one but obviously the old ones are the ones they associate with Christmas !
Maria x

Lorrie said...

Hello Floss,

I came over from Elizabeth's French Village Life blog and would like to join in the Advent pause posts. I'm from the west coast of Canada - on Vancouver Island.
I'm looking forward to all the posts.

Lorrie

. said...

I remember at school we used to call it Australasia, but I much prefer to say I live in Oceania...it makes me feel a bit like a mermaid!!
x

Unknown said...

Thanks to my wonderful Windows Live Writer, I was able to link the picture to your site relatively easily. Hooray! :)

Mami said...

Hi,Floss
Thank you for telling me of this post. I'm glad to take part in your ' A pause of Advent'.For me it is so exciting to join Cristmas event something. I'll put the pic on my sidebar at once.

Joshy and belle said...

Hi Floss,
i think that is a really lovely idea, please may you enter me in too, thank you for organising such a great idea, fliss xx

Country Bliss said...

What a lovely idea, I'd love to join in.
Yvonne x

Anonymous said...

I love the idea and I'd love to join in,too.

hugs:Manka

Monika said...

I read your Advent idea on Manka blog,I would like to join . thank you!I can write it in Hungarian in my blog,I have a translator.
www.mammka.blogspot.com

Blessings:Mammka

Unknown said...

Can I join in - I have already posted for the first Sunday in Advent and it would fit in with this idea.