- Fast from thoughts of illness; Feast on the healing power of God.
- Fast from negatives; Feast on affirmatives.
- Fast from unrelenting pressures; feast on unceasing prayer.
- Fast from discouragements; Feast on hope.
And like Elizabethd, I've found the order of the seasons really encouraging:
- Fast from worry; Feast on divine order.
Ben bought me these beautiful hanging vases for Christmas. He suspended them from our little chandelier on Saturday and put the first two daffodils from our garden into them - a wonderful sign of the changing season!
And another really positive thing that happened to me this week reminds me of the power of random acts of kindness:
I was hurrying home to give the boys lunch (it's the holidays!), and really didn't have time between lessons to manage this and also eat myself. I popped into Intermarché to pick up some simple lunch supplies and rushed to the checkout. The woman in the queue ahead of me (in her early 60s) looked at my smart clothes and said: 'Are you working? If you need to get back to work, please go ahead of me. I don't work now but I remember what it was like...' Phew! One little act of kindness and thoughtfulness saved my day and has been on my mind ever since.