Monday, October 3, 2011

Buttons for October

I'm so happy to have found exactly what I wanted to display a few of my buttons... and just in time for October, when Niki's calendar features a most enviable button tin:

This box was my own personal 1€ buy at the school Vide Grenier yesterday. I'm limiting myself to 1€ at each VG or troc shop visit now, due to low funds. Any other spending has to be on presents or things actually needed by the family. And it's possible that a clock-maker's sandalwood box doesn't fall into the need category.

But it was certainly on my list of wants!

You'll see Niki and I both have some colourful mid-century buttons -I've had fun buying a few of those this year!

I also decided to put in some of my favourite hand painted/hand stitched flower buttons.And maybe just a few mother of pearl...There have been some fantastic blog posts on button boxes over the last few years. I'm struggling to find them all for you now, so if if any reader has done a button box post, it would be lovely if you could put a link to it here among the comments, please. And if you haven't done one yet, do you have a button box you could share? I'm always ready to see more...

12 comments:

Lululiz said...

I think that was a euro well spent, although I think you are wrong when you say it doesn't fall into the NEED category. It does, it surely does, how else is one to bring order to ones buttons? And order one should have. Cough, cough, lol.
I keep my buttons, sorted by colour, in glass jars. Well, the ones that I have sorted, lol, there are still many of them lurking in tins etc somewhere in my craft room.

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Ooh! I love buttons. You have done really well. I like boxes like that. I will have a button post in the future sometime. It's a great idea.
Isabelle x

fee @ chipper nelly said...

sometimes I deliberatly mess my buttons up...just so I can have the pleasure of sorting them out again! (so need to get out more!)
Also - I have hundreds stored in the name of 'work' that I know I will never ever use because I love them so.
Fee x

Vintage Jane said...

Your buttons defeintely needed that box! I love the painted ones you have in there. M x

Serenata said...

Fabulous button box Floss, and at such a bargain price as well! No chance of finding something like that for one euro or even one pound here. They are displayed so nicely.

As for digging up dahlia tubers...I am not sure on that one, as they were given to me by my MIL's partner earlier in the year...I was just going to leave them in the ground.

Tina said...

OMG! So many beautiful buttons! I could just spend ages lookinga t your photos, Floss. :)
xx

Angela said...

oh the indescribably joy of button sorting! and when one has such a treasure box, that is truly an added delight. Oh frabjous day!
and ONLY ONE EURO - even better!!

blessings x

scrumptious days said...

What a fantastic box, 1€, amazing! And just perfect for yout buttons.

Sue said...

You never grow out of the pleasure of buttons, I can still remember playing with my mother's and grandmother's button tins. The box is a lovely way to display them, an excellent idea. The trouble with button tins is they usually have their lids on.

Pom Pom said...

I do not have a button box and I don't know what happened to my granny's old button tin. Must find out!
I love the way your buttons look in their square spots!

Andi's English Attic said...

Why did I get so excited about your post? What is it about buttons that gets so many of us squeeling with delight? Love your button collection. Thank you for showing it to us. The button box was a great find. xx

A garden just outside Venice said...

You do always have beautiful pictures on your calendar but this month you did even better with your charming buttons display!