Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I spy, with my big round eyes...

... could it be?
.. yes, I think it is...
My Green Swap parcel from Annie!
So I think we should have a proper look, shouldn't we? It all looks both environmentally friendly and delicious, which has to be a good combination...
So, Annie, who lives in Scotland, very generously sent me a vibrant pink string bag,
a whole selection of thrifted buttons on a green/blue/brown theme,
Green and Black's organic mint chocolate (!!!) and some recycled gift tags,
a locally produced banana chutney, into which Ben is already making great inroads,
a pincushion Annie made from scraps of old workshirts and ribbon, and next to that a jar of ethically produced nutmegs,
and a home made book and pencil pouch - my Morning Pages book is going to fit just perfectly in there, and Annie added some handmade, recycled books for me to use when I've finished this one!
Check out the pencils from New York:
And finally, our adorable little knitted owl, who is conveniently on a peg.
Here's the whole set of gifts, in the lavender patch. Thank you so much, Annie! How did you know I needed nutmegs, that I am obsessed with buttons, that we are nearly out of chutney and that my Morning Pages book really needed a holder? A Green Genius...
Now, looking terrible in the artificial light, here are the parcels I sent Annie.
Some recycled tags ('great minds...') on map wrapping paper, covering...
... well, you'll just have to pop over to Annie's to see! Thanks very much to Emma and Rachel, the lovely ladies at That Little Bit Greener, for hosting and organising a really entertaining but thought-provoking swap. We really did think Green - do you see your Easter tissue paper, Vicki? I used it to post to Annie (while I was in Scotland, avoiding airmail) and then Annie used the same paper, and even the same box, to post back to me! I found this a really inspirational, yet surprisingly stress-free swap. Brilliant.

15 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Now, I know you wont really need that Green and Black.....so just send it up here!
What a lovely swap that was.

Me and Ma said...

I really enjoyed this swap too..You have some great things there Floss, my partner made me a string bag I find it really useful to put all the letters and bits that the children always seem to hand me as they come out of school. If I could get the school to be that bit greener and not give every child in the same family the same letters (we get 2 of everything and will get 3 in September when Hebe starts) we would be on to a winner ! Rant over !

Michela said...

Hi Floss! I see a lot of thought went into your swap package! The map wrapping paper is a very clever idea..but not sure my dad would allow me to use his maps, ha ha!
Your lavender patch is lovely and makes me think of Provence en fleur..(even if you live in Haute Garonne!)
Thank you for taking the time to speak with your bloggy friends in such hard times for you and your family xxxx

Elderberry-Rob said...

That looked a fun swap - maps for wrapping paper, great idea. I often see them in charity shops. The chutney looked yummy. Enjoy your goodies.

Serenata said...

A great swap - I love the book and pencil pouch that she made you - what a great idea. The material looks familiar ;-)

I think this was such a fun swap and am so glad I took part in it.

Dawn said...

I enjoyed this one too and would definately do it again. You have some lovely goodies there, I especially like the book pouch.

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Lovely goodies, loving the green theme!

x Alex

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hi Floss

You have been sent a lovely selection "green" things. I like Green & Black's chocolate. I haven't had any for ages. I eat raw chocolate instead now.
Funny looking little character with the big button eyes ;-)
Looking forward to seeing what you have sent Annie.
Isabelle x
Take care
Isabelle x

A Thrifty Mrs said...

What a lovely swap.

Lola Nova said...

What a great swap! I love wrapping things in maps. I have sworn off swaps for awhile but, this one looks especially fun.
Going to see what you sent, thanks for sharing.

Marigold Jam said...

Lovely parcel and iot was fun wasn't it?

Jane

Autumn Mist said...

Lovely. I would love to know what the banana chutney tastes like, is it good?

Joy said...

What a brilliant package. How fun to go thru each item. I'll head over to her site to see what you sent her.
Love the map paper as wrapping paper. Great idea.
OK. The pink bag is my favorite. It would be great for produce.
♥ Joy

Jen Walshaw said...

What delightful and useful gifts

Rachel said...

Lovely goodies! I love the map wrapping paper! Thanks so much for taking part!
R x