Monday, April 12, 2010

A Vide Grenier Find

Every month, Son 1 has an after-church youth meeting (this time they were out playing a lazer-quest type game!) and I go to pick him up in the early afternoon. Our way home takes us past the all-year Vide Grenier...
jj
It's been a fairly dull winter of shopping at the VG, but this time I had really remarkable find - from some individuals, who always have more interesting prices than the dealers. I saw this French-style enamel bowl:It's very much in the manner of the French plates featured in British Country Living:There's some cute stencilling on the outside. It says made in China on the back (sadly)!And the lady on the stall was asking 2€ for it! No bargaining required...
Isn't that a lovely collection of plates? I don't think I'll be able to make a collection quite like that of the enamel ware, but I'll give it a try.

19 comments:

Michela said...

You've got such an eye for pretty finds!
Have a good week!

Marigold Jam said...

It's lovely and who cares where it was made?!

Jane x

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

That's a lovely bowl you found, and such a bargain, too!

Jeannette said...

Go Floss!
I´m counting on you to make an even more beautiful vignette with thrifted enamelware. ;-))

Sherri B. said...

What a great find. Those are always so pretty no matter where they are made.

Anonymous said...

I agree - private sellers are so much more appealing!Beautiful bowl - well done.xx

Serenata said...

What a lovely find! Looking forward to seeing your future collection build!

I'm feeling the lack of thrifty shopping! Hoping to have a wander tomorrow.

Kissed by an Angel said...

What a pretty bowl!! Good find!!!
xxxx

Elizabethd said...

Very CL , Floss, well done for finding it.

Rubyred said...

Love, love, love that bowl Floss!Plates on the wall, not so long ago it was considered'out' in the home magazines but now it's obviously back in!It's a good job we don't hang on to their every word!Good Luck with your collection!
Have a lovely week!
Rachel x

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Very pretty!
Nice find, Floss :)
My Mum had a super collection of plates, I used to spend ages gazing at them all. x

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh I just love those sort of collections. They just never seem to look at good when I try and arrange them. Of course I've never owned that many beautiful plates either! Good luck in finding many more beauties to adorn your walls.

Elderberry-Rob said...

it's very pretty and well worth displaying - I would scratch off the 'made in china' if it bothered me!

Anonymous said...

it's a really beautiful bowl.
i recently posted about the magazine swap with links to both your and mami's blogs. we have really enjoyed the magazine that was sent.

i think i may have missed a post or two, will go have a look...

Catherine said...

Very pretty finds! Well Done! Cx

Unknown said...

It's beautiful!

Maisey's Attic said...

Lovely find - wishing you a good week - xxx

Pom Pom said...

Hi Floss! I love that picture in Country Living. I look at my British Country Living magazines over and over and over again. I wish I could send you a pile of our Country Living. I just don't think it even compares to the British, but it made me feel good that you like it. I may make a swoopy plate wall like that. I'll do it this summer when I have time to shop around and thrift.

Josie-Mary said...

Lovely plates :) x