Monday, March 12, 2012

The Thrill of What You Already Have - March

When I looked at the rippling waters of the River Tweed, all I could think of was glimmering beads!I also wanted to do a 'Thrill' post that didn't involve ornaments, because I really take Betty's point that not everyone has too many 'gee-gaws' (my MIL's word) about the place.I also thing that Ang's post about bead necklaces influenced me...So this month's thrill of what you already have is a coil of Chinese necklaces (all but one of them jade) on a plain French plate. I am appropriately thrilled with them!

7 comments:

Betty said...

Thankyou Floss, you are so accommodating!! I love the jade coloured beads (I suspect they are the real thing), absolutely beautiful colour. You have such interesting things hidden away. I am having a think about my contribution at the mo... Bettyx

Jane and Chris said...

It's the river that grabbed my attention this month..now...what to do what to do...
Jane x

Josie Crafter @ homemade and happy said...

I'm sure you are thrilled - they look amazing and totally complement the poster! What a great idea!

Della said...

I love jade! When I was little and living in Hawaii, my family often visited the island flea market. There was always so much jade! Little Buddhas, tigers, monkey, and always jewelry.

Nana Go-Go said...

My dress....your beads....perfect harmony!!!lol
Lovely post, Floss - I'm going to try and make mine shorter and not so long-winded next month!Simple is good!Have a good blogging break too.

LissyLou said...

i love that!!!

xx

Kezzie said...

Hello there Floss! It's really nice to 'meet' you! I popped via a little exploration of blogs to see your blog. I love the idea of this challenge, it's a really good one and one that I really need to embrace and run with, I am far too undisciplined and buying things I really don't need, which always makes me feel ashamed of myself so this is brilliant!